Friday, July 24, 2009

Sizzlin' Summer Sunday Sew-In


I just opened an order I received from one of my distributors. It is like Christmas each day when I get those kinds of deliveries. This particular box contained the "goodies" for the bags for each of the participants in the Sizzlin' Summer Sunday Sew-In.
In case you haven't been keeping up with the blog--I am doing a class on August 9 from 1 PM until 9 PM. You choose one of four different projects from my book, Top This! and come prepared to be pampered.
Not only will we have a blast sewing & chatting, we'll also have a fancy catered dinner and a 10 minute neck massage by Lauren Manfull of Bodyworks Therapeutic.
Each person receives a "goodie bag" worth more than the cost of the class! To help you decide I am including a few snapshots of the possible projects.
Remember, feel free to change the suggested colors in your project. You don't have to make it look like mine! For example, I am planning on making another version of the "August Sunshine," only this time, I am making the flower into a daisy, with a yellow center & maybe a light batik or white on cream for the petals. I have a cute fabric with small daisies I could use for the background. Or, how about a purple coneflower, or any color you choose for the flower. You can forget about the checkerboard borders if you want, and use a border stripe. The possibilities are endless.

I have also thought about making "Jack the Runner" without Jack's face. Maybe you could applique a pumpkin vine & a couple leaves, and have a perfect table runner for the whole fall.

Don't forget the Christmas in July fabric sale this Saturday, July 25.
Come on in & see what is happening at Mrs. Sew-n-Sew's!
In Stitches!
Nona

No comments: