Friday, January 28, 2011

Is it Spring yet?

Did you feel how warm it was outside yesterday? It made me imagine leaves on the trees, sunshine, daffodils--oh, never mind. We still have a couple months of rain, snow and winter. Well, at least we can still sew. And that is what I have been doing. I have a head full of new pattern ideas and lots of luscious new fabrics that I "see" in this pattern or that, or as a bag, or a jacket, or... Trouble is finding the time to make all the fun projects I can imagine. I have been spending quality time at the long arm machine quilting on client quilts and practicing on my new Valentine "Love You" wall hanging. Talk about quick and easy and gets right to the point. Make for the upcoming February holiday, or to hang in a child's room or over the bed of your own true love. Pattern will be available next week.


I have been working hard getting ready for the "SUPER BOLT" sale coming up on Super Bowl Sunday, February 6. Look for a bunch of new fat quarters, half yard pieces and precuts, such as 2 1/2" strips and 6 1/2" squares. Plan on buying a few grab bags or stuff some scrappy sacks to spice up your stash. The challenge for me is simple being willing to part with all the fabric I would like to keep for "some day."


If you are thinking about doing the "Pie in the Sky" class on February 5, let me know. So far I have a lot of "I'd like to" and "maybe" but no definate sign ups. Just finished unpacking more of the Kim Diehl Simple Graces book if you would like to stop in and look at the proposed pattern.

New fabrics have been arriving the past couple of weeks. I have a few that make you think of easter eggs and baby chicks, just the right spring colors. And we are still adding to our batik collection.

Stop in soon and reacquaint yourself with all the reasons you are a quilter. Don't forget to plan on stopping in on Super Bowl Sunday. I will have surprise specials that day only. See you then!

No comments: