Saturday, November 21, 2009

Christmas is A-comin'!






I know, I know. It has been over 2 months since the last time I posted. Well, remember that APQS Millennium Long Arm Quilting machine I mentioned, hmm? That is one reason I haven't been on here. I am having a blast learning how to operate and perfect my long arm quilting. I have taught one class already for people that would like to rent the machine and quilt their own quilts. My next class to learn on the long arm is scheduled for December 12, starting at 9 AM. It is filling quickly, so call if you are interested. Of course I am already quilting for people. If you want something quilted before Christmas, now is the time to get in on my "50 for $50" special. I am quilting my first 50 customer quilts for $50 or less, depending on the size. Hurry, already 20+ quilts are spoken for.


Speaking of classes, we had a terrific time on November 1 in the French Braid tree skirt class. Good conversation, good food, wonderful massage by Lauren Manfull, and amazing projects. I know I am looking forward to putting my tree skirt around my Christmas tree. For those of you that couldn't make this class, I am scheduling one for January 2010. That is right, NEXT YEAR. We will have plenty of time to complete before next Christmas. I am adding a photo, so you can be inspired. Because of the busy season, I only have one other class scheduled for December. We will be making Christmas stockings on December 5. I have a couple of patchwork designs as well as a chenille sample. Stop in and see. Class is $15. Even if you have stockings, these are quick and easy for gift bags. Fill one for a favorite someone with fancy soap, hand lotion, small quilt kit or whatever you can imagine.

This time of year, we all have so many things to keep us busy. With Thanksgiving coming a bit late this year, you may be pressed for last minute gifts, or hostess gift ideas. Stop by and check out the vintage Christmas toweling from Moda. Think Christmas cards from the '40's with round cheeked snowmen (and women) and Santa Claus. These are wonderful for making tea towels, cloth napkins, a bag for wine, or for using on an apron. We will be making some of these projects to have on display the week after Thanksgiving. We also have more of the Maywood "Warm Woolies" flannels in, as well as woodsy looking flannel, if you are planning rag quilts or pajamas. I got in my re-order of Blank Textiles "Barnyard" fabrics, with the farm, the cows and the horses, along with chicken wire. Great pillowcases for country kids of any age. We also just got some Juvenile jungle fabrics from P & B in warm earthy colors.
Gary and I will be in Oregon for Thanksgiving, and will be closed part of the coming week. The store will be open on "black Friday" from 10 AM til 4 PM, closed on Saturday. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: